Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bathroom Countertops and Hardware

Day of running around and getting quotes for our bathroom countertops. We had decided to go with quartz in the bathrooms for easy maintenance. Plus, there's enough granite in the kitchen to make granite in the bathroom a bit of granite overkill.

First stop was Accent Counters. The lady there was very helpful in helping me select some possible colors from different quartz manufacturers. They also have a yard of remnants which are discounted. She sent me home with 5 different samples. They will send me a quote via email.

Next stop was the counter store that I went to last time we did this remodel thing. They had a lot of the major quartz manufacturers on display. It was pretty much a "let me know when you find something you like" place. The guy there pretty much said that all the quartz manufacturers use the same machine for manufacturing since there's a patent on it, and that all the manufacturers copy each other so their colors are similar. I got quotes for two different grades of Caesarstone.

Drove over to Da Vinci Marble since someone had bought their Princess White granite from them (all research from online). They have an absolutely beautiful showroom with many unique mosaics. Definitely looked like an upscale place. Found my slab of Princess White granite and took a picture of the price for price comparison with IRG.

Shuffled over to Restoration Hardware in downtown Palo Alto to look at hardware for our kitchen cabinets. They have a really nice display by collection. It's great how they have different sizes of drawer pulls and matching knobs for each collection. Now I understand why it seems that a lot of people online purchase their kitchen hardware from Restoration Hardware.

For price comparison, I had to stop by Home Depot just to look at their pulls and knobs. Definitely a lot more affordable than Restoration Hardware but not so great on the selection. The handles were a bit shorter than I would like. At least now I won't feel guilty about shelling out for RH hardware. :p

Here's a photo of baseboard ready to be installed:

No comments: