Friday, October 28, 2011

Rise of issues

Went to Saratoga Plumbing this morning to see if they would price match the Grohe Brideford faucet with the other showroom's quote.  The sales guy was perplexed as to how the other showroom could get their prices so low!!  Later on, my GC told me that the other showroom was going out of business.  Hence, everything would have to be bought in cash.  eep!

Back at the house, I discovered that the tile store had delivered the wrong color tile.  We were supposed to get white and they shipped celery.  Turns out it was a manufacturer error and that the new tile would be shipped up in a day since the company was in LA (thankfully!).  But thank goodness I was luckily enough to swing by the house just as the worker had laid out the bottom half of the shower which is in celery.  He showed me the tiles for the top part which were the ones with the wrong color.  I'm so glad he did not waste any effort laying out the wrong colored tiles.

Bottom half laid out (no grout yet)
 
Also, while sorting this out with the tile guy, I decided that I'd rather have white quarter rounds to match the white tiles rather than the celery we had previously decided on.  (Actually, I don't remember deciding that but he did.  Oops, my bad.)  So now we'll have some extra celery quarter rounds because those are custom order and can't be returned.

The GC asked me to give the city a call regarding our gas line situation,  Our gas is padlocked shut so we can't turn it on.  The utility guy who came out to open the gas lines said that we needed an inspection sticker before the padlock could be removed.  Now we have to figure out who to talk to find out what to do next.  yay, fun with the city again!

Went by Restoration Hardware to buy a couple of 4" handles to test in our kitchen.  Do we use 4" or 6"??

No comments: