Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wednesday: GC called us - cabinets are finished and delivered. In my mind, "WHAT?!?! It's only been 2 weeks!!"

Actually, it was a week and a half. But I hadn't called him about the cabinet colors yet! I thought it would take him about 4-6 weeks to finish the cabinetry!!!

Thursday: We met and figured out what had happened. Turns out that there was a misunderstanding about the cabinet color. When he said that he usually uses Kelly Moore Swiss Coffee (which contractor doesn't???), I told him that I would be picking out a Benjamin Moore color. Well, he thought that I said I wanted the Swiss Coffee from Benjamin Moore. cripes.

So anyhoo, our GC talked to him and the cabinet maker was willing to take the cabinets back and paint them with the color of our choice for no extra charge. I told them to give me the weekend to figure it out. So in the evening, I decided which colors to test.

Friday: Rushed to the paint store to pick out 3 samples of white - Chantilly Lace, White Diamond, and Swiss Coffee. Painted the samples at home.

Saturday: We went to the granite place to test the white paint samples against our chosen granite. While there, we met a friendly woman who had also picked out the same granite as us for her kitchen and was also going to do quartz in her bathrooms. She helped me decide which white worked best. Luckily for the cabinet maker, Swiss Coffee proved to be best against the granite. The other two whites were too stark - would've made the cabinets look like hospital cabinetry. I called our GC right away to let him know that it was OK to install the cabinets as is.

Since the lady had already installed her granite, she gave me her samples of granite!! yay!

Btw, our little one had an awesome time at the granite place because it was easy to play hide-n-seek with daddy. Plus, the truck that moves the granite beeps and was fun to watch. heehee.

No comments: