Monday, October 17, 2011

More lighting

After a few days of online research for lighting, I did find a few that seem to work (hopefully).


Arctic Pear Glass Chandelier by Ochre

This one is the one where you see a picture of it and you gasp because it stuns you with its beauty.
Of course, there's no price online for it. You have to call in for the price. But the smallest version of this is about $3800 so I'm assuming this size, which is the next up, is maybe around $5000? It's all hand-blown glass from the UK and takes like 3 months to make because it's a custom order.
[After showing this to my DH, he promptly put together a lighting budget for me. hehehe.]

Thankfully, it's not a new chandelier. Other people who had previously fallen in love with it had found more affordable similar-looking chandeliers...and posted them online! Yay for me! Someone was kind enough to post their research. So now we're going with...


Robert Abbey Bling Crystal Drop Chandelier

Emailed the company for a local dealer. So much more peace of mind to work with an actual store and salesperson versus online. Especially if you're dropping $$.


After much browsing, I found another "gasp, this is what I want!" chandelier that would work for the family room.


Bubbles Chandelier by Solaria Home Lighting

For the family room, we need 2 chandeliers so price is definitely a factor (not that it wasn't before). It took forever to find out that the manufacturer of this Bubbles chandelier was Solaria Home. They have an exclusive website that you cannot access unless you're a lighting dealer/wholesaler. I took the picture of this one to different lighting stores to see if they could find something similar. Nothing!

Today's errands took me back to Accent Counters to return the samples. This time I brought a cabinet door to compare the colors with. The only sample that I had brought home that seemed to work was Caesarstone Nougat which I am not particularly fond of. But thankfully the lady thought that Caesarstone Organic White would work just fine. That was the color that I really wanted to work too! So she had me take a large sample back to test against the bathroom cabinets.

Also, two more lighting stores today. Lots of catalog browsing. And again, every other light that I liked was discontinued. :p

No comments: