Friday, July 22, 2011

More decisions

As of today, we have
  • picked and ordered skylights - the blackout shade cost more than the actual skylight *sigh*

  • picked rounded wall corners (versus square corners)

  • definitely spending $2700 extra for central A/C

  • picked out ogee curved gutters (never thought we had to make this decision!)

  • determined where all the TV outlets go


The contractor is definitely very happy with the progress of the house considering the rough beginning. He thinks we might be able to finish by October. The only thing that would hold us back would probably be my decision making. Since lovely husband has given me full license to all house aesthetics decisions, I'm the only one to blame for slow decision making.

Our contractor called me today to remind me that I needed to make a gutter decision by today. The reason? Prices for roofing and gutters go up by 10% on Aug 1 so he needed a decision to get his supplier to place the order asap.

Cute contractor story:
In early summer, our contractor's wife wanted him to redo all 4 bathrooms in their house as a wedding anniversary gift. So he sets out to do it. We're going to check out the 3 out of 4 finished bathrooms. He designed each one differently and is very excited about the one he put together for his little girl. He told me that if I liked what he did, he wants to design our kid's bathroom. haha!

(Today, he told me that his men really liked his daughter's bathroom.)

As for our kitchen, we're waiting on structural engineering to complete their calculations before submitting to the city.

No comments: