Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Downspouts

Before our contractor headed out to pick up the roofing material, he asked me to come over to the job site to confirm the roof color. The 25-year roofing has the exact same color as our existing roof but the 50-year roofing had a few darker slats. Decided on the more durable 50-year roof. Figured that nobody would actually notice the difference in roof color.

While I was there, the roof guy asked me to go around the house with him to pick downspout locations(!). So unexpected! Thankfully I just had to figure out which sides of the windows I wanted certain downspouts. Other locations, he just pointed out where they would be located and just asked for approval. Because we have a different roof now, the downspouts are not necessarily in the corners of the house anymore. In the back of the house, we have one in the middle. Hopefully it won't be too ugly when they finish! :p

No comments: